Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Bush Flying in AK

Default Bush Flying in AK

Those of you that have big balloon tires and huevos to match might want to try some of these riverbed landings. This guy makes it look easy.

http://sportpilot.tv/video/bush-pilots-in-alaska/

Definitely way beyond my ability and comfort zone.

John P.

Default Re: Bush Flying in AK

When I grow up I wanna do that!

John,
    Great fun watching, but like you, not for me. Alaska might still be in the future though. I suspect, that as in Idaho, there are a lot of improved strips that almost give the same feel. http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/alb...pictureid=2754 On approach to this strip, one of the guys asked how he could tell if he was on the runway. The answer "if you can see it, you are not on it". It was essentially a track with two tire ruts, but it has a sign stating Owyhee State Airport Oregon. Amenities - a one holer. His was the red Series V between the white Model IV - mine - and the yellow Model IV. We tolerated the Rans S6. Actually he served as the fuel gauge. His wing tanks held 20 gallons, so if he was still flying, the rest of us were fine.
    Lowell

With that much horse power in that small plane, he should be able to take off vertically. o-360 WOW I wish I could do that. looks fun but right on the edge of insainity.