Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Installed, Flown and packed to come home....

Default Installed, Flown and packed to come home....

Just finished the install of the 582 Bluehead from Red Gold Rotax Rick in FL on the Model 2 ..... Runs like a strong horse.... cant wait to see what happens when we get the amphibs on her..... For boring runup video, click here......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyVhCrrmkeg

Arrival in MN in aprox 7 days..... Merry Christmas to me!!!!

Also have flown the bird in the meantime....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zshK-...ature=youtu.be

Will post more as we go. Arrival early next week in Minnesota.
    Last edited by FitchUpNorth; 12-05-2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Added new video link

Default Re: Installed, Flown and packed to come home....

Hey Denny,

That's NEVER boring....it's called a great day

BTW, If its not asking too much, what airport are you going to have the plane located at when it arrives in MN?

Dave S
    KF7 Trigear
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN (Lake Elmo)

Dave, not sure quite yet. 21D is nice but farther than Forest Lake. Also have a friend with a 40 acre rolled hayfield and a pole barn that it may temp live at. Hangar space is a bear to find at 21D and FL.

Any suggestions? Also have a pair of Full Lotus Amphibs to try and engineer together.

Denny

Denny,

I'll get you a PM (Private message) either later tonight or tomorrow morning on the locations.

Dave S

Hi" I have a KF 111 (582) on Puddle Jumper amphibs, and performance is terrific. What floats are you using.
    don

I have an almost finished K3 with 582 and a pair of the original AvidFlyer floats. I think they will not work because they are only 12ft long . Anybody else ever try these on a K3. And if not these will be going up for sale so I can get a pair of Lotus. Rather use these as you can store stuff inside.

I also have a pair of the Avid fiberglass floats that I picked up with a project. I asked about these floats about 1 1/2 years ago on this site. Search Avid fiberglass floats and you should find the post plus the replys to it. Paul Seehaufer responded and said he flew these floats for about 1000 hrs and liked them. Said they were only good for a maximum of 1200 lbs. If your Kitfox 3 has a gross weight of 1050, maybe they will work fine for you. Take care, Jim Chuk