Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: nothing to do with flying

Default nothing to do with flying

I am trading my kitfox for a mountain bike. Fear not it is only temporary. I have joined a group to help out kids less fortunate. We will be riding from the west coast to the east coast in Costa Rica, to raise awareness and support for the kids.I guess it is one of those bucket list things for me. I am taking my spot messenger along so my progess can be monitored. The website is www.helpushelpthem.ca over on the left side is an alternative map. That will take you to the spot page. Hope it works down there. I know flying would be more fun but I have to try it. Start biking Dec 2-9. check it out

Default Re: nothing to do with flying

Wannafly, I am very jealous. I can't wait to go back to Costa Rica. It is one of the best little places on this earth. I am sure you will love it. Good luck

I will be watching the web site. Be safe and may the cause be successful.
    Stan Inzer
    912 ULS
    Dynon Skyview 10"
    N599KF

Smile Re: nothing to do with flying

G`morning Wannafly
    Sounds like a great cause and a super experience.
    On a more selfish note, if you look in a recent COPA magazine there is quite a nice story about our trip to the Bearing Sea (Nome) this past summer. Left the Vixen at home and went in my friend`s 177. Trip of a lifetime.
    Leaving on Wednesday for 3 1/2 months in New Zealand. Will be doing quite a bit of "microlight" flying there. If anyone is interested I could post some pics to my album. It is a terrific place for flying!!
    I have already put my kids "on notice". There may not be much left when I am gone!!!
    Have a safe winter, fellow KF`ers.
    Cheers
    Don

Hi Don,

You've been a busy boy this past while...and I'm jealous! Would love to read more about your trips and fly alongside sometime!

Wannafly, what a great project! Enjoy and good luck! Travelled through Panama (but for selfish reasons) two years ago and thoroughly enjoyed that part of the world.

post trip update. The trip was very successful. Everyone on the team made it safely. Many sore muscles. check out the web page www.helpushelpthem.ca
    you can follow the link to our facebook page from there. There are pictures there or there are a number of videos on youtube just search...cycling for compassion costa rica coast to coast...the total money raised is over $36000...because of privacy laws we are told the total $$ amount but no names of our contributors. So a big thank you to any and all who helped out. It will make a differance in the lives of many...THANK YOU and Merry Christmas