Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 582 with GSC-K3

Default 582 with GSC-K3

Trying to put together a 1990 GSC prop on a 582 B-box. All new but poor instructions with prop. I thought is was a ground adjustable but has a bolt hole in the root. If I don't use the hole it only will have three hub bolts holding the prop on. Also has a plate about 1/4 inch thick that I assume goes on front of prop hub. Not sure at this point if hub bolts will be long enough if I use my spinner cause I haven't put the squeeze on the hub yet. Trying to figure out what I have. GCS phone always seems to be busy. Can anybody shred some light on this assembly order.

Default Re: 582 with GSC-K3

I had a GSC prop about 8 years ago, and as I remember it, the hole though the butt end of the blade was kindof elongated so you still were able to twist the blade for the adjustment with the bolt run through the hole. That bolt was tightened up just like the rest to hold everything togeather. Hope this is of some help. Take care, Jim Chuk

The 1/4 thick plate isn't used with the ground adjustable GSC. It probably came with the engine, not the prop. It is called a crush plate and would be needed on a solid wood fixed pitch prop.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Hi yes the holes in the blades are elongated leaving plenty of movement to adjust the pitch. Make sure you torque the bolts as per the instructions.
    GB
    Flying a HKS Kitfox III and a Champ

Thanks, this is just the info I needed to move forward. Strangely enough, the holes in my prop root are not elongated but probably will be Very soon.

bbryan-

I had a GSC on my KF3 and saved the following docs, perhaps they will be of help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -Aeropro CZ Aerotrek A240 Tri-Gear SLSA 912uls
    -Airdale Avid+ on CZAW Amphibs 'FatAvid Floater' (building)
    -Kitfox 4-1200 TD 912ul (sold)
    -Kitfox Model III TD 582 (R.I.P.)
    -Avid Flyer Mk-IV TD (sold)

Early GSC were 3 blade but not adjustable