Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Door Latching

Default Door Latching

What have other folks done to keep the doors closed tight against the door frame? While doing engine ground runs on my SS7 with the doors latched, the rear of the full glass doors spread out from the door frame with increasing engine power. Anyone else had this happen, if so, what was your solution? Seems it would only get worse in flight. (I'm trying to get ready for AWC)

Thanks,
    Dick B

Default Re: Door Latching

Hi Dick,

There are a couple different latch options that have been used on Kitfoxes. Some have a double pin system, some have a cam on the bottom. Then there are some builder engineered ones.

What might be suggested is somewhat dependent on what system you have. Which one do you have? A photo might help if you have one.

Sincerely,

Dave S

I have the cam system, located just in front of the bottom seat pan lip (sorry no pic).

Dick

Hi Dick,

I don't have the door latch system you have so I don't have any experience with it. I am sure someone who has the single cam lock on the bottom can chime in on this one.

I have attached two photos of the double pin system I have which secures the front and rear corners of the door. The double pin seems to hold the door down quite well.

For the two pictures attached - one has the door lock down and the other with it released so the door is unlocked. The door lock was something I added - just realize it is not part of the latch.

Sincerely,

Dave S
    KF7 Trigear - Flying
    912 ULS Warp Drive
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Dave, gives me an idea of what can be done to secure the bottom front and rear.

Dick