Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tom T's Build

Default Re: Tom T's Build

I have pictures of the baggage door attachment on the very first Series 7a created by Skystar. The hinge was connected on the front side of the door and was locked shut by camlocks. See the first three pictures attached.

The last two pictures show my Series 7a where I connected the door via a hinge across the top of the door. It is locked shut by a keyed latch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I guess with a regular fuselage you cant add the door? I wonder how much weight it adds.

Thanks again to all for the feedback. I feel very luck to have this project....

War Eagle, I really appreciate the photo's. I had found some showing the top hinge method but think there is some merit to the forward opening option also.

Dorsal, thank for all your help during my visit to inspect the project!

Take care!

Well, it's been a little over a month since the project arrived and I thought I should post an update.

First let me say that I decided to do a thorough inspection and check of the controls, rudder pedal assemblies, landing gear installation, etc. The main reason for this was due to the ease of access at the current phase of construction. Yea been going backward

Inspecting, inspecting

Starting back together

New console and heater fitted

There are more pictures in my photo albums.

I've decided to add the parking brake; install the fuel return line firewall bulkhead penetration; then I think I'll be able to fill the brake system and wait for leaks while they're easy to access

The electrical system design is almost done along with my panel layout, more later....

Hi Tom,

Love that engine turned firewal!

Dave S
    KF 7 Trigear
    912ULS Warp Drive
    (sorry....just a plain firewall)