Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Best prop for KF 3 with Jabiru 2200

Default Best prop for KF 3 with Jabiru 2200

Does any have a proposal for best prop for a Kitfox 3 with Jabiru 2200?
    What climbing rate (at what weight) and cruising speed? How about cooling? Cyl-head temp.?

Default Re: Best prop for KF 3 with Jabiru 2200

Johann, I have a friend with your same set up. I'll do some checking this weekend for you. He loves his and I'll try to set you two up if he's willing. Eddie

Hello Kitty. I am about to order my Prop. I have the Model IV with teh Jabiru 2200. The one I have been training in is the same. Model IV with the 2200 as well. His CHT's and EGT run high on climb out to about 800 to 1000ft in the summer and his oil temp runs about 200deg. F and I have seen it up to 210deg F. I know the manual fays up to 210 is ok, but I would like to keep mine about 190. Hope this helps, Tom (Lion8)

I don't know if I can be much help with info for your air cooled Jab (mine is water cooled), but I run a GT prop and cruise at 3000 rpm about 100 mph. At W.O.T. in level flight I can turn it right at 3300 rpm. I'm considering a Prince prop.
    Mike Bentley
    Model IV-1200
    Jabiru 2200A #438
    Rotec Aerosport LCH Heads
    Ellison EFS-2 Throttle Body
    Prince Prop (64x34)
    My SPOT Page