Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Rib #1 distance

Default Rib #1 distance

I everybody ,i my construction book he said to put the ribe #1 at 1 3/4" from the root,,but it's more important to check the measurment between the #1 and #3 for flaperon bracket.....so my problem is : my distance between the ribs are perfect but i have only 1 1/2" from the root of the spar and when i fold the wing the ribs touch the rear carrytought tube before all the wing there was to his correct position???????the only solution ,i think it is to cutting the flaperon or fold the wing like that....

Jf

Default Re: Rib #1 distance

JF,

I think this is not uncommon.....on our series 7, the edge of the top capstrip for the first rib contacted the carry through spar before the wing was folded all the way back...not much, but a little. What I did was sand/cut a radius into the top capstrip on Rib #1 so there was clearance for the wing to go back to the fully folded position. I don't think it was necessary to take much off....maybe 3/16" into the edge of the capstrip to create sufficient clearance...then just re-varnished and eventually the fabric goes over the capstrip. A small amount at the capstrip makes a big difference at the wingtip.

Sincerely,

Dave S

My experience is similar to Daves and was called out in my instructions that the cap strip may have to be relieved a little.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Thank's Dorsal and Dave,,il'l doing that this week...

Jf