Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: GoPro...

Default GoPro...

The long awaited GoPro app is available in the App store, FREE!
    With the WiFi back the camera can be streamed to either the iPad or iPhone, for viewing in real time.
    I am on the road and away from my GoPro 2, so I will leave the actual analysis of the operation to another. This has been in the works for awhile, so it's kind of a big deal to those of who were waiting with baited breath!
    eric

Default Re: GoPro...

Yes! Cool.

I am a little disappointed in the app... Well maybe a lot! After doing the required upgrades to the software on the GoPro and WIFI box and downloaded the new app I gave it a try and there is about a 4-5 second lag in the video from what the camera is actually doing. Also once you hit record, you lose the video preview altogether so you won't be able to fly and see what you are recording. I have read that in future updates that issue will be fixed. It only took them months and months to come out with the software that was promised long ago so I don't expect any updates soon... It is nice that it controls ALL of the camera functions but not being able to see what you are actually recording is not good! I give it 2 out of 5 stars...

Ken

Ken,
    After chatting with some other users, it seems that the video is to be able to see what the camera sees, for framing and setup. I think they were in the same boat as lots of other App developers, in as much the new iOS launch kind of left a big question mark in the air.
    GoPro is a small privately held company, and as such, doesn't have the resources to immediately react, on the flip side this allos them to be nimble and change as required. After using several other "better" cameras, I always seem to return to the GoPro. My buddy who has a wicked expensive fancy camera, still doesn't have any videos.
    My GoPro and an 5 year Apple laptop, has produced more than a few videos, because it's simple, and I can make it work.
    eric

Just ordered the WIFI back for my camera and downloaded the app. Can't wait to see how this will work!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwrloCw2eIc
    Paul Morel
    912 Speedster

Paul,
    WOW! What a production. It's like an MGM Grand, Walt Disney Presents, Prime Time, World Wide Web Extrstavaganza, Grand Premier Production from Holywood for the Big Screen. Dude, it's wildly over the top. Great! I love it! Oh, and by the way, how did you do that?????
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

I'm so jealous of you guys with Apple computers!! I can't edit my Drift videos on my Micro-Crap Lenovo...
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Av8r3400 View Post
    I'm so jealous of you guys with Apple computers!! I can't edit my Drift videos on my Micro-Crap Lenovo...
    Easily solved:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/sys/3344271719.html

Or closer to you:

http://madison.craigslist.org/sys/3328445137.html

Since Apples are durable, they tend to last longer, I buy a 2 year old laptop every 3-4 years, the ultimate recycling! Since Macs don't corrupt as easily as PCs they are easier to use. I have no antivirus software, and haven't bought any software in the last 5 years.....it all is on the Mac.
    Last edited by ClickClickBoom; 10-17-2012 at 02:09 AM.