Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 912 Rectifier

Default 912 Rectifier

Can you hook an hour meter to the L post on the rectifier/regulator. The L is for lamp (idiot light) so it must go to ground when not charging and put out voltage when running? So what if you ran L to the + side of he hour/hobbs meter and grounded the - side? Anyone ever try this?

Default Re: 912 Rectifier/hobbs meter

Hobbs/hour meter?

Default Re: 912 Rectifier

Hobbs/hour meter?

I'd recommend hooking up the "idiot light" instead, so you won't feel like one when your plane won't start in Lake Havasu City on a Sunday 'cuz the battery died on the way in due to a bad charging circuit and you can't buy a battery anywhere but MaoMart which offers only their chintzy "Shanghai" brand, that requires you to add the acid yourself, plus a cheap charger, a rental car to take you to the Holiday Inn, at $105.00 per night, so you have a place to plug in the charger for twenty 'leben hours while it comes up to strength, then lug the dang thing out the airport the next day and install it in 110 degree direct sunlight, return the rental car and walk two miles back to the plane in same sunshine now registering 115 degrees on the Richter scale and then pray to the Energizer Bunny the blasted thing works without leaking, melting, burning or otherwise dissolving your Kitfox on a non-stop flight across a hundred miles of viciously, knife-edged mountains speckling a vast scorching desert back to the land of Sears and civilization which lies under a Mode C veil where your transponder is no longer working 'cuz the battery is dying for want of a good charging circuit and Phoenix Tracon is giving you the third degree until you tell them you're losing your radio and won't be able to enjoy this little chat much longgggggggggsssssshhhhhhhhhhhh............!

Or something like that. Not that I'd actually know if that could happen...just sayin'. Ya know?

Idiot light at NAPA: A buck twenty-seven. Hook the Hobbs up to the back of the ignition switch.

I'd suggest a nice "green" light so you'll feel good while it's on...and amazingly attentive when it's not!

"E.T."

Holy Batman, E.T. I absolutely love your command of the English quasi language and your ability to effectively communicate your point in an elequant manner. I think I'm going to go the the Aviation department of my local electronics store this very day and get me one of those red/green bulbs for my panel! Your point is well taken.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

This kind of banter great and still gets the info across.

HUH? Communicate my point "in an eloquent manner?" Heck, it was only one sentence, SkySteve!

"E.T."