Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Building time

Default Building time

Looking for a kitfox III in the central New York area to build time in, talked with the insurance company and I need ten hours of dual in same type and model before they will write me. Hoping there is one out there that A person can build time in before winter is upon us. Any help or suggestions are welcome.

Default Re: Building time

That's the catch 22. Got the same runaround when I bought mine. Buy it and fly it. After you get enough hours in it they will sell you insurance.
    Pete
    Leander, TX
    Model III SN 1000
    Grove

Tim,
    Are you telling us that there is an insurance company out there willing to write hull coverage for an experimental in phase 1 flyoff with a pilot having total of 10 hours dual tailwheel time? I couldn't find coverage until 200 hours T/W and that was liability only. Please elaborate if you don't mind.

Insurance co. requiring 10 additional dual hours on top of total TW time with a cfi of their approval.
    Last edited by GT280flyer; 09-21-2012 at 03:39 PM.