Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: What are these & where do they go?

Default What are these & where do they go?

I am the fourth owner of this kit.... (only three seem to have worked on it) AND: so far so good with the work by all to date! I am pleased. I have read or scanned every page in the manual.... and....

As I close in on covering and painting, these 8 items are hanging out in an un-marked bag... which begs the question:

"What are these & where do they go?" I can't find them in the manual anywhere!

Thanks!
    Grover
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: What are these & where do they go?

Those are the butt rib standoffs.

The two little holes are for rivets to attach the standoff to the butt ribs and the large tube part of each of these widgets slides onto short, horizontal (spanwise) stubs that are right above the cockpit doors. Well, rivets plus structural adhesive (Loctite Hysol for pretty much any kit made in the past ten years).

Those look like the butt rib brackets that attaches the butt ribs to the fuselage. Here is a photo of mine. There are four on each side.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Stan Inzer
    912 ULS
    Dynon Skyview 10"
    N599KF

Stan,
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

"It is somewhat wierd here in my hanger..." as both of the butt ribs with all eight standoffs are installed, with these standoffs, and there are STILL eight MORE of these standoffs remaining?! Oh well... I had not really recognized these things away from the aircraft for what they were.... crazy!

BTW: I have not found any more materials or parts that I have not found a "home for" nor missing yet! Key operative term is YET!

Again Stan, THANK YOU!!
    Grover

OK, I'm going back out to the hanger to work on the Kitfox!