Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Back in the saddle again!

Default Back in the saddle again!

Hi all, Last Oct 21 I blew an oil line on my Avid MK IV and ended up landing in a short (to short ) field. Ended up upside down at the end of the field after tangleing with a fence and ditch. No injuries to myself or my passenger though so there was one bright side. Last May I bought another Avid MK IV, this time with a 582. It turned out that the engine had scored cylinderes and one scuffed piston, so I had the engine overhauled. Been real busy this summer and so I wasn't able to work on the plane as much as I wanted to. Finally had it ready to go and so tonight I hauled it to the nearest airport with a grass strip to give it a go. Plane hadn't flown for over 6 months, so 'it' was a bit rusty, but pretty soon 'it' caught on and flew like 'it' was supposed to. I ended up flying it back to my grass strip at my place and did a few more landings there till darkness shut me down. Sure felt good to be back in the saddle again! Been flying for about 12 years and that was by far the longest stretch without being in the air. Take care all, Jim Chuk
    Last edited by avidflyer; 09-04-2012 at 09:04 AM.

Default Re: Back in the saddle again!

Quote Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
    Plane hadn't flown for over 6 months, so 'it' was a bit rusty, but pretty soon 'it' caught on and flew like 'it' was supposed to.
    Yeah, "they" forget easily, unlike us.
    Congratulations!

Roberto.

Default Re: Back in the saddle again!

Glad to hear you are aviating again. "It" will come around real quick, with a little workout. Keep safe and happy landings.

Dick B