Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on Evans Coolant

Default Re: Thoughts on Evans Coolant

Thanks all, this has been an informative thread, think I wil stay with 50/50.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

I have a gallon each of Evans coolant and flush. I'll give them to whoever pays shipping charges.
    Tommy Walker in Alabama

I have been running Evans for about the last 5 years (~420hrs) in my 912UL (1200 hours TT) Kitfox 4. No issues, I didn't have any cooling problems to start with using 50/50 glycol for the first 5 years, it runs about 15 deg F hotter (220F) than when I was running 50/50 glycol (205F). Three features I kind of like about it is the higher boiling point even though I haven't needed it, I noticed it warms up quicker in the winter so the heater works sooner on those cold days and it doesn't build up pressure in the coolant system. I figure with the lack of cooling system pressure if I ever get a small leak the coolant won't run out as fast and I might be able to catch on that something is wrong before it gets really bad. I also used it in a 912UL in a Pulsar for about 300 hours with no issues. Just my experience YMMV. - Gregg