Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: wing tank conversion

Default wing tank conversion

i have a kf1 that i have had for 20 years. while flying around the house on monday it started to rain fuel from the left wing tank, after landing at home i inspected the tank it was split, now i am contemplating changing from a 6 gallon to a 13 gallon tank from kitfox and am looking for advice on what is all involved. any help would be great thanks, Looped

Default Re: wing tank conversion

I replace both of my wing tanks over a couple of winters . I originally had two six gallon tanks and just wasn't enough gas to travel any distance . There are some pictures of the project in my album . Be sure to do the rinsing with acetone as I got a lot of crap out of mine doing the rinse .
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

I have not used these yet but If I need a tank I will definately explore this option

http://wingtanks.com/

I have done the wing tanks twice. I would only recommend the poly tanks from wing tanks if your going to do the 6 gallon. If you do a search on this topic you will find the pros and cons of each setup.
    Nick W
    IV 1200
    912Ul
    Warp Taper Tip

thanks for the replys, after looking at my options i think the tanks from kitfox are the my best. i will be ordering them this week