Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: How much for a 912?

Default How much for a 912?

The 912 looks like the way to go for a motor, though the new Brazillian VW that was at Oshkosh looked interesting. How much have builders spent on their 912's and is there any difference between certified and not, other than paperwork. Are these motors discounted, or can you plan on paying list price, and what does a prop cost? Other than the Kitfox firewall forward kit, 912, and prop, is there anything else to buy?

Default Re: How much for a 912?

I picked up an excellent used 912S from a builder in New Mexico who was parting his plane out. It had 400 hours. I paid 10.5K. Great engine.
    You can look on Barnstormers.com and search in the engine sections. Sometimes there are used engines out there for sale.
    I think a new 912S (100 HP) is around the $20K mark.
    Tommy Walker in Alabama

I just listed my plane here last night and would consider parting out. It has a 912s with about 175hrs. I would take $15,000 and include the IVO inflight adjust prop and spinner with it. Will also include the tools listed. You can hear it run before it is removed.
    Kevin

New 912 S at this time is approx. $18,800.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear