Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Flap handle positions on a Series 7

Default Flap handle positions on a Series 7

I was reading the book "Kitfox Pilots Guide" by Edwards S. Downs and in the Series 7 section it says that some early Series 7 have a two position flaps (Mine) and later series 7 only has one that results in optimum lift and better performance. Is that something that I should consider changing to? When I get to my second position it loses a lot of roll authority.

Smile Re: Flap handle positions on a Series 7

In the uk it is mandated that the "full" position is locked out with a stop due to restricted roll authority with full flap also with I think with aft c of g they recommend no flap used on landing due to elevator authority(elevator with mechanical trim tabs)
    Dave
    Dave Holl
    Building Kitfox MK7
    Rotax 912ULS

Default Re: Flap handle positions on a Series 7

Hmmmm... Very interesting... Does anyone know what that new magic number of degrees is now set at? I can see locking the second notch out as it really reduces my roll authority. With one notch I do not see any elevator authority loss and I am just a tad aft of middle C.G. I will have to call and see if I can get a new set of notched plates for my Series 7

Default Re: Flap handle positions on a Series 7

My kit was one of the last S7's out of the chute before the bankruptcy. Has the 3 position handle.

I like that full flaps notch and never had a belief that my roll authority was terribly degraded. Takes some more stick movement and more rudder to coordinate but no shortage of control.

Sad to hear the UK disallows it.