Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox/Avid CFI in SE Wisconsin

Default Kitfox/Avid CFI in SE Wisconsin

Does anyone know of a CFI who will do transition training/tailwheel endors. in an experimental Avid in the Milwaukee, WI area?

Default Re: Kitfox/Avid CFI in SE Wisconsin

In addition to any pointers given here, you may try
    http://www.taildraggers.com/CFI.aspx

Roberto.

Good luck. I tried the same a couple of years ago in the Madison area, but came up empty. I ended up flying the 1st 40h off my Avid Mk4 "naked" insurance-wise. Morey Airport (C-29) has a Piper Cub that is useful for conversion training, but your Avid will fly much better than that!

Try Pete at 608-712-2706. He's in the Madison, Wisconsin area.

Pete knows the Avid well after gaining quite a bit of experience in it while helping a friend of mine transition into his Avid C-model taildragger. I'm not sure if he actively solicits training in experimentals, but I think it would be worth your time to talk with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitfox_70 View Post
    Does anyone know of a CFI who will do transition training/tailwheel endors. in an experimental Avid in the Milwaukee, WI area?

Sure, I know Pete. I second the recommendation to contact him for instruction.

Cub-Air based at Hartford will do a tailwheel endorsement in an owner's Kitfox or Avid.