Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Parts

Default Parts

I am looking for part numbers or suggested sources for two simple parts, one is a shut-off valve for the standard 912 cabin heater, the other a fuel level detector for the header tank (shown as optional in the instructions).
    Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

Default Re: Parts

I bought a shutoff valve for my 912ul at the local autoparts store. I am not sure, but I think that it was a heater shutoff valve for a '77 dodge pickup. it has 5/8" barb fittings on both ends and a bracket to attach the control cable. I works great, and only cost 8 or 10 bucks.

Louie

I don't know if anyone else has experimented with this; however, I used a ball valve designed for PEX plumbing installations - available at places like Home depot, etc. This was an act of desparation - my first flight was conducted with an OAT of 89 degrees and no ventilation.....needed to get that fixed real quick. The PEX ball valves have barb type ends to hook to the PEX tubing - also works on heater hose - found one that has the right diameter (5/8"). So far, this is the only joints that I have NOT had trouble with dripping, other than the barb fittings on the heater core. Nice thing about a ball valve is that when it is in the open position - it's a straight through shot for the coolant with no restrictions less that ID of the tubing. I do not have a cabin control for shutting it off - it is either set open or closed (or partial) before startup.

Sincerely,

Dave S
    K7 Trigear 912 ULS
    St Paul, MN

Went to my local hardware store (owner a pilot) and set up this ball value. Turn it on in winter and off in summer no leaks so far. I'm sure John McBean has the low fuel warning kit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dj Series 6