Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shipping a Kitfox

Default Re: Shipping a Kitfox

That is an incredible story. I just emailed Debra and told her I would like to donate $200 towards paying for his plane. I know it pales in comparison to what they did but I want to chip in. If 100 of us chipped in $200 it would pay for most of the kit and it wouldn't be as big of a burden on John and Debra.

Please post a link for direct contact for a donation.
    Thanks.

Dave
    N7548D KF4 Speedster

I just emailed Debra at debra@kitfoxaircraft.com and told her I wanted to donate.

Kitfox is an ethical and committed business. Never a second thought about doing what's right. We are fortunate to be a part of a company that stands by its commitment to its customers. It's sad to discover the grief Vans is putting its people through. I own an RV-9 also and will sell it when my Kitfox is flying. John and Deb are going to continue to do well with such an excellent reputation for customer service.
    Bob
    S-7 Super Sport, Flying
    Phoenix,AZ

It's heart warming to see the concern and generosity of our members toward one another. I know John and Debra appreciate the outpouring of support both on TeamKitfox.com and privately and Tony the condolences for his loss and the loss to both families involved in the accident.

I talked breifly with John this morning and told him we stand by ready to assist in any way he may need.

Again , thanks to our members for the kind support shown to John and Debra and to Tony. It says volumes about the Kitfox community and how the the Kitfox experience is so much more than just about the aircraft.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Wow.. what a response….

Thank you very much.. This is why the Kitfox family is so great and why we are proud to be a part of it.

While the thought is very generous and appreciated.. we are going to try and hold the insurance accountable. We made this decision because we felt it was the correct thing to do. The dream of building your own aircraft may only happen once in a individuals lifetime and for it to be spoiled by insurance companies or lawyers is simply wrong.

Keep the Kitfox community strong and growing !!
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

Hi Everyone,

I want to follow up with a bit of good news on some of the commentary I made within this thread.

Earlier I mentioned that a I have a friend who lost his aircraft in Mike Cobb's horrible traffic accident. Mike was a driver for Partain Trading Company and he was killed while delivering a couple of airplanes.

Now that the dust has settled on the insurance settlement, it was discovered that the insurance agent made an error when writing the policy. Partain was able to send the claim through the Errors and Omissions process and the insurance company agreed that an error was made. It was an unfortunate and honest mistake by the agent that caused the confusion.

I don't want to leave my earlier comments open-ended and I owe each of you clarification as to how this situation ultimately ended.

At the end of the day, everyone was paid in full by the insurance company as you would expect.

Phil

Getting one across the country is an adventure in and of itself, thats for sure. Plus, you immediately become the most interesting person ever at your fuel stops.....

Still makes me realize how blessed I am to be able to "slip the surly bonds" and share the joy of our obsession with others. Airplanes just do that to people....not many others get to touch one. They approach as if its a mythical beast that they are close to. But its the kids that are the best. Took LOTS of pics of kids sitting in the cockpit on the trailer....

Although they are meant to be flown, when trailered they are nerve wracking and worrisome. LOL

Greasy side down