Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Free iOS App: CloudAhoy

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Free iOS App: CloudAhoy

I just tried out CloudAhoy on my iPhone and love how it tracks my flights. This was featured in the latest "Flying Magazine".

To start, you need to register for an account on their web site and download the app from the iOS app store. After you've set up your account, you start up the iPhone app and enter your login information.

Before you fly you enter your tail#, Pilot Name, crew/instructor name if any and remarks. Prior to take off you hit the start button and then the stop button after you land. When you hit stop, flight data is transmitted to the web site for private viewing and analysis. I had to update my Google Earth browser Plug-In and then all website features worked flawlessly. You have the option to share the flight information if you'd like, as I've done here. This would be a great application for any instrument student out there to analyze their performance post flight.

I'm using it simultaneously with ForeFlight plugged into a BadElf GPS plus streaming music to my headset. Everything works perfectly together. I've RAM mounted the phone on my panel and it's plugged into ship's power so I don't run the battery down inadvertently.

Here's a link to this morning's flight from the EAA790 Pancake Fly-in at 3CK to my home base at 10C:
    http://www.cloudahoy.com/cgi-bin/flt...cCwkxxumlEC9xB

You can see my low (speed anyway) pass as I was departing the event. My favorite view on the web site is the cockpit view animation. I hope others will enjoy this app.

-- Paul S
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med