Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KF3 minimize unusable fuel level

Default Re: KF3 minimize unusable fuel level

I didn't say it would be as nice of a fit and finish as you have done with your 90 deg fitting but you can go straight out, mine has a loop.
    I will try to post a pic later.

Well? a lower sump region of the tank?
    Yes

I would recommend not using compression fittings for gas lines.

My personal opinion is that you could get more fuel out of your old style tanks by leaving your strainer setup the way it is.
    Nick W
    IV 1200
    912Ul
    Warp Taper Tip

While on the subject...this is an interesting application of a banjo bolt/fitting I ran across. You can't see clearly, but the fuel tank was tapped at the under-side near the rear of the tank. It looks a bit "dragy" as far as the aerodynamics go, but as I said...interesting.

Banjo Gas.jpg
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

[quote=NotSoAmish;23613]Dave,
    Is the acess port just to put a wrench on the strainer fitting for removal? Has anyone tried making a tool the would eliminate the need for the lower access cover? I think I can mill out a socket to fit over the square brass elbow. If the elbow comes out first then a standard socket may fit over the strainer hex provided it is not too far behind a rib strut.

Barry,

I found that the right angle barb end of the fitting would not clear the lower surface of the wing/fabric - other installations may work out differently - I used the fittings that came with the kit - If I ever change it - probably do something like Lowell did with the modified fitting.

Basically the access point permits: 1) the angle fitting to swing all the way around without hitting anything, 2) a place to get in there with wrenches, 3) easy access for dealing with the hose/barb fitting connection and clamp.

Sincerely,

Dave S