Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Master cylinder orientation.

Default Master cylinder orientation.

The instructions have the master cylinder placed so that the brake lines exit the cylinders toward the firewall. It looks to me that by the time I install the brake lines I may be having interference with the firewall. It also looks like I could turn the cylinders 1/4 turn and not have this problem. Any thoughts from the group? See my picture below. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Stan Inzer
    912 ULS
    Dynon Skyview 10"
    N599KF

Default Re: Master cylinder orientation.

hi inzersv, that is the right way to turn the master cylinders as you will use 90 degree fittings supplied with the kit. you will set the pedal travel after you run the rudder cables and mount the rudder.
    bs sure to leave enough of a loop in the break lines when you run them for the rudder pedals to travel.
    also suggest you install the master cylinder mount bolts with the heads to the inside as once the boot cowl is installed the bolt will be to long to remove if needed hope this helps

Default Re: Master cylinder orientation.

I turned mine 90 deg for the reasons you mentioned. Doing so got me a few more inches of leg room and appears to work fine. The link below should take you to a pic in my album showing this.
    http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/pic...pictureid=2423
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive