Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Where I Fly.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Where I Fly.

Quote Originally Posted by SkySteve View Post
    I laughed out loud (which tipped my wife off that I was watching flying videos) when I saw your bearded photo on your YouTube channel.
    Steve,
    I had to laugh a bit too. Like my dad, I was usually the guy behind the camera and searching for a picture, that might work, it was the one I found. Yes, I learned to fly in 1972, but within a couple of years, I was invited to join a crew on a racing sailboat - Sangvind - which pretty much put flying on the back burner until I started Kitfox building in 1993. I eventually worked the foredeck hoisting the jib and spinnaker sails with the usual rotations to the other stations and helm. We raced mostly in San Francisco bay, but did four off shore races - two from Marina Del Rae to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and two from San Francisco to Kauai, Hawaii. It was ten years of being on the boat usually two days a week - mostly sailing and some maintenance time too. The camaraderie was the same as with the flying guys. you learn to love the guys you live with. The owner upgraded his boat in 1982 from the Cal 39, I mostly sailed on, to a Farr 48. That essentially sized me out of the crew as the head sails went from about 40 to 50 lbs. each to more like the 100 lb. range. I did one Kauai race in the Farr 48 - that's a whole other story. Regarding the beard, I probably avoided Ice Cream Cones for almost 30 years.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel