Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: nose wheel strength

Default Re: nose wheel strength

Quote Originally Posted by SkySteve View Post
    Dan,
    For me, I don't use any flaperon in a crosswind above about 5-6 mph. I'm over the threshold at 45 mph and usually wheels on the ground about 40 mph or less.
    Steve,
    Thanks for the well thought out answer. Very good advice as I am currently working through the different maneuvers. I need to work the slow flight much more.
    Dan
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

SkySteve, you may not be a CFI (yet!) but your entries in this forum tell me you have the right attitude to instruct as you continue to provide solid, valuable, advice to our merry membership; I appreciate and admire the help you offer others.

(FULL DISCLOSURE ADMISSION FOLLOWS! ) In my "day-job" I fly Cessna nose-draggers for Uncle Sam and approach every landing like you do, enjoying T&Gs without spinning the "little wheel" up front. If we don't put a little challenge into everything we do while flying we'll never get better and I can assure everyone there are times I'm VERY glad to be landing with a nose wheel rather than my taildragger. Without the sordid details, my last trip to El Paso comes to mind, landing during a cold front passage with 38 knot winds that were most definitely NOT aligned with Rwy 26L!

Good stick and rudder skills in any aircraft will save the day or at least a lot of money and heartburn; we should take rightful pride in what we do not with bluster but by emulating earnest attitudes like SkySteve's: Good on ya Dude!

"E.T."
    (This hobby has its own brand of humor: I still love it after 40+ years!)

E.T. and SkySteve prove that, in our Kitfox's, copious amounts of fun is always readily available no matter which end we bolt that third wheel to.

If we don't put a little challenge into everything we do while flying we'll never get better
    The Choir says, Amen!

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

wow I love this form...great info, good humor, and general all around great people...