Hi guys-

Something happened to me that I cant quite figure out. For some odd reason, I have stong desire in life to build an airplane. My biggest problem is....That desire wont go away. It makes no sence, both logical or finanacial yet it is something I believe I would like to persue.
In my quest for fire I decided the best approach is to go out and beat the brush by talking to the folks that have boldly gone before me. I recently had the opportunity to take a ride in someone's RV-7. It was a great experience both on and off the ground. This guy didnt know me from adam and invited me up to his hangar. He showed me around his tools, some of the skills it took to build the RV, and then introduced me to a barrel roll. The RV line up is wonderful, but I dont think that is what I am looking for. I have been looking at the Highlander and the "dead Stick" videos on youtube. I have also been looking at the ugly ardvark (ch750), and yes the kitfox. I would want something that is STOHL and so far the kit is not looking like it would workout for short off airport ops??? Other things I would be interested in would be folding wings for self storage, and the ability to go from float plane to tail dragger and perhaps tricycle. I must be honest and tell you all, I dont know the first thing about building an airplane be it aluminum, or fabric.

I would love to hear insights from you builders on your build experience, why you chose the way you did, and whatever else you would be willing to share.

Also, if someone knows where I could see one of these planes in person?

Thank you in advance.