Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Trailing edge questions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Trailing edge questions

My system simply used lengths of the carbon fiber tubes glued between the spar and trailing edge between each rib. It required a third less tubing and much less glue. They are straight running fore and aft (parallel to the ribs). I made up some aluminum fittings by punching holes in some thin aluminum (.016). then cutting them out to about a half inch by three quarter inch. By punching the holes it created a star shaped burr that fit into the end of the tube to stabilize it while the Hysol was setting and to separate the carbon fiber from the spar. One was placed on each end of the tube after cutting to a snug length. Hysol was placed between all surfaces. Again, my supports were not span wise, but were essentially a standoff between the ribs halving the distance between the trailing edge supports. I have no progress shots of that part of the build, but made up an aluminum part and attached a picture of that. The tube is slightly undersized as that is all I have right now. The trailing edge is straight as a string after shrinking.
    Lowell
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HighWing; 02-23-2012 at 07:05 PM.