Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: What does the Kitfox community think of Sport Aviation?

Default Re: What does the Kitfox community think of Sport Aviation?

i'm glad to hear former cessna pres., jack pelton, is taking over eaa. i think he got forced out of cessna a couple of years ago due to the recession. i think pelton is more interested in general aviation than hightower.
    ken

Hmmm -

Didn't his predecessor, Tom Poberezney, leave kinda "all-of-a-sudden-it's-a-surprise-like" too? The EAA's got more surprise lead-changes than a Kafka novel! Is it something in the water up there in Wisconsin? Any chance of having a couple tanker loads being sent to the US Congress??

"Enquiring minds want to know..."

"E.T."
    (Could we at least get some free-trial samples out here in Arizona? We need to clean house out here pretty bad! )

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox6 View Post
    Hmmm -

Didn't his predecessor, Tom Poberezney, leave kinda "all-of-a-sudden-it's-a-surprise-like" too? The EAA's got more surprise lead-changes than a Kafka novel! Is it something in the water up there in Wisconsin? Any chance of having a couple tanker loads being sent to the US Congress??

"Enquiring minds want to know..."

"E.T."
    (Could we at least get some free-trial samples out here in Arizona? We need to clean house out here pretty bad! )
    I like that idea,

Can I sign up to drive one of the tankers?

I am a little behind on my Sport Aviation. I picked up September's issue and was absolutely amazed they printed Dave Matheny's article. If I was a nonpilot and I read that article it would put a horrible taste in my mouth of the flying community at large. Worse, we always complain about declining young pilots. Young people already think of the flying community as an old mans club. An old man with leather patches and a "call sign" would most certainly have most young people calling him (as a young person would say) a douche.

Instead of acting like an arrogant *sshole when someone comes along, why don't you put away the attitude, arrange a flight for them, and let them take the controls. I'm sure it will have a bigger effect on said person to experience flight instead of implying that acting arrogant will make someone want their license so they can act arrogant too.

I'm sorry Dave Matheny, I have not enjoyed many of your articles but this one puts the nail in the coffin for me. I call for the removal of your column from Sport Aviation. Perhaps they should replace the column with a regular spot on young pilots or new pilots. Or maybe on how to be a diplomat for the flying community.

Hmmmm -

I dunno, Esser, I just re-read that piece by Dave Matheny and came away, again, feeling his tongue was planted firmly in his cheek. His self-deprecating demeanor led me to believe he was poking fun at himself by spouting such semi-official sounding "aviator-ace" verbiage, in character, with his little Quicksilver "fighter/warhorse" as a backdrop: Pretending to be a "Mister CL type" to offset the perceived snobbery of the biker and the self-smug "knowledgeable air travelers" in his little Walter Mitty tale.

I thought his use of ironic humor pretty much said the same thing you did about "arrogant rectal orifii." He can't stand them either and was making a perfect example of how those types come across to him; a humbly self-aware driver of a little ultralight.

Then again, I may be missing something here...

"E.T."

Perhaps I need to re-read the piece with a different eye.