Just picked up a barely started KF II kit (#305). Will be starting on it in the next couple of days, so any thing I should watch for or if you think I should know anything about something please chime in. I have access to a machine shop and a welding shop so anything along those lines isn't a problem.

Planning on:
1-Enlarging the rudder up by ~10" and over the non-moving part or should I Enlarge the non-moving portion instead?
2-Putting on airdale aluminum gear, or some other bungee style gear. Which would be best?
3-Not sure what brakes/wheels (want to use ~20" tires) to use, would like something good though, what is everyone else using?
4-Thinking of using this tailwheel, would it work or is there something better?
5-Thinking of having the frame and most all the other metal parts powder coated, will it be enough to prevent the frame and other parts from rusting/corroding or should I use something else? How about the wing spars?
6-What should I use to seal the wooden wing ribs with?
7-What should I use to glue the wing together, I'm guessing the 3M weld stuff that came with the kit is out dated?
8-The kit came with one fiber glass seat, not really sure if thats what came with the kits or not. What is everyone else doing for seats?
9-I know its a long shot but does anyone know if the smooth/flat cowling with fit the HKS 700e, seen where someone here had put one in a round cowling but had to cut a little out of the side for one of the heads to stick out?
10-I would like to essentially make it into a model III 1050, what all would need to change? (this isn't a necessity)

Thank you for taking the time to read through all of my ???, I'm sure I'll have more. Any input is appreciated, if you are answering a question please put the number of the question in front of your answer to keep things neat. Also if you know of any build threads of a kitfox I-III with pictures etc I would love to know of one, haven't found much.