Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: horner tips

Default horner tips

I am thinking about going with the horner tips for my build but am wanting to put landing lights in the tips. Does anyone know where I can get the clear lense for the lights or is this something I would have to somehow make or is there something out there that can be made to work

Default Re: horner tips

thanks for the info ,just what I was looking for , how did they fit the tip and are these a direct match to the wingtip shape

They come with all the intructions on how to trim.I will see if I can find a picture to post.
    Dj Series 6

I would be interested in see some pictures of the install of the wing tip lights as well!
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

I used the blueskyaviation lens and they are shaped like a portion of the wing tips but you have to fit them to the specific area you are going to place the lens.

I marked an area on the wing tip where I wanted to put the opening for the LED lights I was planning to use and then I did a rough fit on the lens and trimed it so the lens was larger than I needed. This let me cut and fit in smaller increments until I got the look I wanted.

Made aluminum backer plates that would attach to the wing tip and also the lens. These plates were hysol'd to the wing tip and then set with counter sunk rivets. Did the same thing to the lens when I attached it to the backer plates. Finished the surfaces so you can't see the joint or the rivets and then painted nice clean straight lines.

Took a fair amount of work on the fit and finish.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks War Eagle..nothing like pics to help visulize what it would look like.

Found this picture of finished job, great pictures war eagle.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dj Series 6