Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northeast fly-in take 2

So tentatively we are looking at next weekend 17/18. CDE will make a final call Tuesday based on conditions around 4N7. Hopefully things dry out a bit and we get another weekend like this one.

We are good to go, same plan as last week. Please chime in or send a pm to me or CDE if you think you might make it.
    Come for the day or overnight, hope to see some of you there.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Default Re: Northeast fly-in take 2

Looks like the weather will be perfect for an early fall fly-in this weekend. The Greene airport is in great shape and was spared any damage from the recent flood. Binghamton has areas of substantial damage but most roads are back open and business are returning to normal. For those planning on overnight camping, I've got plenty of room at my house (10 minutes from the airport) and can provide transportation between the airport, my place, local restaurants, etc. For those wanting to stay in a hotel, I suggest calling ahead…there are numerous options in the Binghamton area but not sure what the availability is based on both flood damage and rooms booked by contractors.
    To recap the plans for the weekend:
    Saturday:
    · 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM - Arrive at the Greene Airport (4N7). I’ll have lunch (hotdogs, chips, drinks, etc.) on the field.

· 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM – General Kitfox discussions/idea exchange, cool mods, hints, tips, hops around the pattern for those interested in some stick time in a particular model, etc.

· 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM – Afternoon fly out….planning on heading to Skyhaven Airport (76N)…lots of neat airplanes and generally some Stinson restoration activities underway….30 to 40 minute flight from Greene.

· 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM – Dinner back in Greene at a local restaurant…again, I can take care of getting folks around.

· 7:00 till?? - Set up camp, bon fire, snacks, etc. at my place.
    Sunday:
    8:00 AM - depart Greene airport for White Birch Airport (15 – 20 minute flight) for fly in breakfast. Grass strip tucked into the rolling hills….great views and great food. Following breakfast, we’ll head back to our respective home bases.
    Let me know if you’re planning to join us so I can plan accordingly for food, transportation, etc.
    Should be a great time and I’m looking forwarded to meeting some fellow Kitfoxers!

I plan to fly up from Marietta Ohio. There will be two people in one plane. I could not find a room so we will be camping.
    Ken Robinson

Unfortunately, I'm out for this weekend. I have Army National Guard duty.
    Kitfox IV Speedster

Glad you can make it Ken...looking forward to meeting you!

I'm trying hard to make it me and one of my kids. I plan to get there Sat mid day and do the camping thing.
    Nick W
    IV 1200
    912Ul
    Warp Taper Tip

Based on some PMs and a few from the Matt list looks like we have a nice group forming (plenty of room for more though). For those that are still building and may want to fly out in something not approved for grass fields (rental?) I am happy to provide ferry flights from/to N23 or BGM.
    Keep in mind this is a bi-partisan event organized by members of both major political parties, tail dragger and tricycle gear
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Love it Dorsal...good one
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Hope to drive down Saturday morning. Looking forward to seeing a gaggle of kitfoxes.
    Still building, Kitfox lll w/ four wing.

The area weather forecast looks great for this weekend....what a difference a week and a half can make!

We'll need to change the venue for Sunday breakfest since White Birch is apparently out of comission due to the floods. Thinking about a flight to Cooperstown Saturday afternoon then Skyhaven on Sunday morning for their fly-in breakfest.

Also note, there is no Avgas at Greene and Tri-Cities is likely out of comission (runway under water last week). Best bet is Sidney 20 miles east of Greene or Binghamton Regional (Delta Class) 12 miles to the south west.

Safe travels for those coming in....feel free to contact me (315-409-6579) if you have any questions or want to chat about logistics.