Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox 1.5

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Kitfox 1.5

Hello Everyone,

Have a chance to make trade for Kitfox 1.5 it says with registration #1-255. I believe this is the third to last Kitfox 1 built. It has a KFM 112 / 62 Horsepower Engine with a 3 blade prop. It is not flying now. Though it did until 2004 and had 280 hours logged on the powerplant. It needs a few things. New Plexiglass in front. One new tire, Fuel lines, and I believe some sort of Carburator Heat Modification. Apparently it had a tendency to shut down if you pulled the power all the way off when coming in to land.

I don't know much about Kitfox Models, but when reading through was wishing it was the Kitfox 2,3,or 4 with the wider cabin. It seems to be in very good shape other than for a few small things and comes with a spare engine of the same model Kfm 112, with about the same hrs.

Can anyone give me a recomendation on this model over the other models that have evolved. Is this model totally underpowered for example or in anyother way not reliable or recomended. Does anyone know why it is called a 1.5. What modification might be included in the 3rd from the last Model 1 before the Model 2. I know it has two wing tanks. I don't know what size and another tank behind the seat.

Any information is appreciated. Is there a club in Albuquerque. Kitfox or other experimental. I would appreciate someone looking it over before the eventual maiden. Would like someone who knows about this particular model to check it out.

I've flown taildraggers since I was 7 years old and owned my frist J3 when I was 15. It had a lot of duct tape on it for a while till I could afford to recover it. I'm 58 and haven't flown for past 10 years. Should have never sold my cub. How many times have you heard that.
    Last edited by maq; 12-16-2008 at 01:02 AM.