Hello all, after lurking here for a couple weeks I thought I would introduce myself. I'm Josh and I'm battling logic over emotion for buying a kitfox kit. I saw them online but after seeing them at Oshkosh I really looked into them and they really seem to fit the bill for everything I want in a plane I have been plane shopping for the last 5 months but have been debating between a 170 and a Luscombe 8E. I want a light on the controls fun to fly taildragger(Luscombe) and I want something that I can camp out of and bring decent loads(170). And I don't want to pay over $80,000 if I can avoid it. The Kitfox seems to fit the bill and more. I think I would really enjoy building it as well as flying it. But like I said above, I am battling the whole logic vs emotion which I'm sure some of you have done. My biggest issue is time. I work out of town for 2 weeks and then my company flies me home for one week off. So I do have time but as you can imagine that time gets eaten quick but I'm sure I can make time. I plan on visiting the factory in September or October and going for a flight and seeing what happens. From what I've read on here I should have a cheque made out because one flight and most people are sold. My question for who ever has been in a similiar place as me before, what made you decide to go for and build your own plane? The good news is my girlfriend is completely for it. She flies a PC12 and a Merdian for a living so she thinks its great(as long as I don't neglect her too much.)

Another question I have for you. How are the rotax motors after overhaul? I went on the Canadian distributers website and they are offering 914's factory overhauled at a price only a couple thousand more than the 912ULS. Would this be worth it or is it a stay away from item?

I live on the Canadian/US Border so I would probably get the plane shipped to our sister city in Michigan. For those of you who have used Partain, would it be easy to move everything from their trailer into a uhaul truck? It would save me lots of money if I could do it that way.

I have a huge shop but it is too big to heat in the winter(110'X90') but I have a partioned heated electrical room with double doors that is 12X20ish. Would that be large enough to pull what ever i was working on at the time into that room to work on. So if I was working on the fuselage, pull it in there, or if i was working on the wings, push the fuselage out of the small room into the shop and bring the wings in. Or do you think that room would be too cozy to be productive?

Thanks for all your time!