Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: true STOL performance in a model 5?

Default Re: true STOL performance in a model 5?

W.I.T

The 110 yds was solo.

As with all of these things, slope and headwind make a massive difference but that is flat and with calm conditions.

Geowitz:

Well you've hit the nail on the head ; currency, practice, and awareness of environmnent THEN plane, in that order. Here's a new video I just posted an hour ago, the beginning and the end shows landing short short fields with precision along with my 88yr old grama. If she can handle it any of us can:

http://www.youtube.com/wildirishtime

Enjoy, and any extra thoughts from you all if a model5 is capable of this is appreciated!

~Wild

Several things I loved about that video... foremost, it was nice to see a young pilot and an old passenger for a change (Gram, I use the word "old" with all respect ; )...

Nicely done...
    NOKITFOXYET

W.I.T

I have watched a couple of your videos and my personaly view is that with a correctly pitched prop (5500/5600 static) and 100hp, a Mk 5 would operate from your strip easily. It is clear you understand the limitations of your strip (wind and obstructions) and you fly the Mk 3 in and out nicely.

Let us know what you decide.