Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gap seal elevator suggestions please

Default Re: Gap seal elevator suggestions please

dick , what is that stuff ? ive seen it before but dont know where to get it .
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

As I recall he got it at a flea market, can't find a source and continues to tease us with pictures of really excellent solution that is just out of reach
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Hello All
    I have experimented with the tubular foam pipe insulation that is very much like the material CATZ631 shows in the pics. I plan on cutting to fit, then cover it with tape. The two pieces just roll next to each other. So far I have only tried it on the short outer sections of the elevator on my Vixen. If I decide to do more I will take some pics. I plan on using the 3/4" size. It`s very inexpensive:try some and see what you think. Should availabe at any hardware outlet.

Don

Don,
    Dorsal was right I was teasing (sorry ,couldn't help myself) . I found a 6 ft length of this stuff at a flea market,bought it for a buck and didn't know what to do with it till I got home from my NC vacation. When I went back and wanted to buy more...no joy. They guy didn't even remember where he got it. It is figure 8 shapped rubber about 2 inches wide. I just cut the ends off and it slipped right into the gap. It is a perfect solution. I assure you IF I ever find more,I will gobble it up !
    Dick