Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Customer Support

Default Customer Support

Occasionally a message or two will slip through the cracks at a business. I know it happens here at the farm between my wife and myself. When it happens to a customer we feel awful. It’s unfortunate when a customer feels they can’t get answers they want, but as Steve says, this forum is not the manufacturer’s official website.

In the last few months I saw a few questions posted to John McBean on the forum and immediately thought, “Why doesn’t the poster call Kitfox directly?”

I would like to relate my own experience with Kitfox to potential buyers.

Whenever I call the Kitfox factory they usually answer in just a few rings. If not, the answer machine picks it up and I always get a call back in short while. You can test this for yourself.

Kitfox always answers my questions. Customer support is great. The knowledge of each and every part and how to install it is first hand. If you need help with any one of the thousands of parts, they know exactly what you are talking about.

Kitfox always answers my emails; usually within one business day. I never had a single communication go unanswered.

Kitfox ships parts out quickly and cheaply. If a replacement part is needed, you can get it in a hurry. I damaged a trailing edge piece ( oops!) and got a package in three days. The Postal Service managed to drive by a tree with the package sticking out the window and bent it in half. Deb shipped another one at no charge and I got it two days later.

Kitfox often packs a surprise in a shipment. A hat, a t-shirt, a bag of cookies, or some M&M’s. It’s just a nice touch that feels like you are doing business with family and friends; not with a faceless company.

Now, the usual disclaimer… I don’t work for Kitfox, but wish I did. I’m am not receiving any compensation for this testimonial, but another bag of cookies would be nice.

So, if you want an airplane that is fun to build with great customer support I don’t think you can go wrong with a Kitfox. I don't believe anyone will get that kind of service and support with a Husky, or any other aircraft.

John Pitkin
    Retired "Heavy Iron" driver now looking to fly low and slow.
    Greenville, Texas KGVT
    SS7 80% done/90% to go

Default Re: Customer Support

John,
    I'm sure you were motivated by another thread that had a response that in my opinion bashed kitfoxllc. I feel that was uncalled for. I also have recieved excellent service from kitfoxllc and feel they were unjustly slammed. I also feel the person that did such a thing may have a personal beef with them outside a business problem.

At this point I feel that any post dealing with this slam should be removed.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop

I gotta say my experience has also been very good, love the cookies, always makes me smile when I open the box
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Default Lost email likely due to spam filter

Very often emails with suspicious content get filtered out by the spam catcher software. I suspect that a perceived lack of email response from Kitfox was due to this.

My experience with Kitfox has been terrific.

John, Steve, Dorsal and Steve. Nice posts. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I concur.

I just got off the phone with John ordering some parts. Not a big order but essential. John and Deb always give their best effort to fulfill a customers needs and they treat every order as essential.

Thanks John and Deb for always being a class act, not just in brightly lit public places like this forum, but everyday, behind the scenes, when nobody's looking.

Oh and Deb, no cookies please. I'm trying to loose weight.
    Send mine to Dorsal. I'll pay the shipping.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Thanks Steve, I should loose a few myself but I hold that there are no calories in free cookies
    (plus I inevitably forget to eat enough when working on my plane)
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Good afternoon,

I would like to add to this thread to say that John and Debra are are the best as far as customer service, honesty and integrity are concerned.

No. I am not an employee of Kitfox LLC.

E-mail has its flaws - yes - there are more than a few cases where stuff ends up in the spam catcher or the electronic demons simply simply bite us in the butt - I am still trying to figure out how good stuff ends up in the spam and stuff a person would rather not have to suffer the indignity of seeing gets through - let's not blame people for inadequacies and weaknesses in the e-world. Try not to confuse e-muck-ups with character flaws.

My experience with John and Debra has been outstanding. The reason my plane is flying is in part due to their support of this aircraft as a reliable and responsible vendor.

All the best

Dave