Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kitfox..what a great airplane !

Default Re: Kitfox..what a great airplane !

Steve and Lowell,
    My wife tends to drift to the nasty side. I am not so lucky as you guys. She was sweet in the beginning but now.... Oh well,too old to change sooo I will just keep flying Whoohoo!
    Steve, I don't have a bit of trouble with my Nanco tires The airplane tracks perfect. I wonder what the deal is with yours ? Maybe its my bush gear. Who knows but they do work fine and spinup is not an issue.Maybe I am just used to them after 2 years.
    I have been playing with my tailwheel though. I took off the old hard Maule and installed the Matco 7 inch pneumatic. I like it so far BUT I snapped off one of the two tailspring positioning bolts(AN3) while making a turn on some rough grass at the end of a flight at an outlying airport. It snapped at the head. Glad I found it as the spring leaves had spread apart and that would have not been a pretty picture on landing !The airplane sits a bit higher off the ground higher now then it did with the Maule .I wonder if the mechanical leverage on those bolts is too high or just a bad bolt.
    There is no room for AN4 bolts
    Dick

I'm sure my problem comes from wheel landing on asphalt. I also found a bit of a problem with one wheel had to tight of bearings on one side. Oh and I also was landing with a cross wind. Most the time I don't even bother to be concerned with it so it might have startled me on landing and I just hit the rudder. Now not to be thinking that I don't go by the atis on landing, you see my field is good for having different winds on the approach of the runway. I really need to get out and fly it now that I readjusted the wheel bearings. Also don't forget I fly an rv nose wheel as well. but I have the tail wheel habits that will never go away, like riding a bike.

lately our winds here have been like a cross with 7 to 22gust, rv weather you know. I do miss the kitfox. today the winds are ok but we have low clouds and lots of rain
    Last edited by Slyfox; 03-21-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmcbean View Post
    Not like us to not reply.. What is your name and email ? and how can we help ?
    Sorry to say, you had way to many attempts, you lost my sale, I purchased a Husky!

John, try replying to your own advertisement thread??? http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=2013

the question has been on the forum for months. not to mention my e-mails to your company and two calls to your wife. I gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by piflyer View Post
    Sorry to say, you had way to many attempts, you lost my sale, I purchased a Husky!
    Sorry we missed the opportunity to work together. Many know that we do not monitor the forums or webs for questions and you can contact us direct... but we do try. The thread for the video was simply to let everyone know the video was there.

Again, I would like to look back at the email to see what I missed. What is your email ? I looked today and couldn't find anything from the PI.

Where your questions not answered when you called ?

Hope you enjoy the Huskey and will try and work with us in the future if you decide to trade steeds...

Thank you and again sorry we missed the opportunity to work together.

Please contact me direct if you like john@kitfoxaircraft.com
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

Just an FYI to all the new members.

John (Kitfox Aircraft LLC) is not affiliated with TeamKitfox.com.

Please do not post questions on this forum for Kitfox Aircraft related business expecting a direct response. That way your important correspondence does not get missed. Thanks for you understanding on this matter.

To contact Kitfox Aircraft LLC direct just click on their ad. at the very top left of every page you visit here on TeamKitfox.com then click on "Contact Info." for phone numbers and e-mail addresses or
    click here:http://www.kitfoxaircraft.com/contact.htm

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear