Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible?

Default Re: Is it possible?

''Look at the area just in front of the horizontal stabilizer. Lots of tubeing there to spread the load around, all 200 lbs or so of it.''

I think your right Jim, maybe John McBean could weld an eye bolt in this region for me?

the lifts are pretty cool but probably expensive . i think c5 keeps his avid on one of these
    Attached Images Attached Images
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

Quote Originally Posted by cap01 View Post
    the lifts are pretty cool but probably expensive . i think c5 keeps his avid on one of these
    Now this is a nice rig but like you say, it sould be $$$$

And my garage ceiling will be cathedral so lower in corners /¨-o-¨\

I'm positive the carry thru tube and tail could support the plane suspended from those 3 points ,..I'm thinking more in the line of rafter rash,.. protecting the plane while it's suspended,.. something more like the cradle the lift in the photo has to support the plane ,..the plane is also strapped to the cradle,.. the plane being relatively light ,..it wouldn't be that extravagant to make a cradle that would support the plane plus protect it,
    I wasn't informed of your knowledge in construction,..so I tried to explain what's involved,..didn't mean to step on any toe's

Chase

Quote Originally Posted by SkyPirate View Post
    I'm positive the carry thru tube and tail could support the plane suspended from those 3 points ,..I'm thinking more in the line of rafter rash,.. protecting the plane while it's suspended,.. something more like the cradle the lift in the photo has to support the plane ,..the plane is also strapped to the cradle,.. the plane being relatively light ,..it wouldn't be that extravagant to make a cradle that would support the plane plus protect it,
    I wasn't informed of your knowledge in construction,..so I tried to explain what's involved,..didn't mean to step on any toe's

Chase
    No not at all, and I really appreciate to dicuss with you guys, and all ideas is welcome, because my Knowledge on aviation is somehow very basic, in exchange if you got probleme on construction I will by happy to help you....

I'll keep that in mind chefwarthog I'm building my own design aircraft right now, a 4 place tail dragger,..there's photo's of it under the "community" tab above in Social groups "ridge runners"..
    as for construction ,..I'm building a 10,000 sq ft house now for myself ,..and worked with my dad who owned his own business ,..he had a few crews ,.we built 65 house a year

Chase

Just throwing out a couple ideas. looking at my kitfox sitting on the trailer in the shop yesterday it appears attaching a lifting strap to the rear of the fuselage is pretty tight between the folded flaperons. would a lifting eye welded into the top of the vertical fin work?

With wings folded the main wheels are clear to lift from. Maybe a cradle for them or just a sling under the tires. It also looks like the front float fittings are available to attach a "lifting fixture" to.

Maybe just attach lifting eyes to the trailer and hoist the whole 9 yards, airplane and trailer.
    Last edited by t j; 02-28-2011 at 08:19 AM.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Maybe just attach lifting eyes to the trailer and hoist the whole 9 yards, airplane and trailer.[/quote]

T.J. if i lift plane & trailer I will lose +- 18'' of clearance under it and should be heavy, But I think you got one piece of the puzzle. if I build cradle that can be lower on the trailer that should do don't you think?

I looking at your photo and if you put your propeller in a Y position dose the top of the fin, sky light and prop do a line.

If it dose like it seem, what is the measure from top of the line (level) to under the landing tires?

Eric

No matter where you put the lift points on the trialer or plane you still have the same height over all that will be hanging down,..with just plane it will be the height of the plane ,..with trailer and plane it will be the height of the trailer and plane,..
    what system are you going to use to lift this once your ready to lift it?

Chefwarthog asked:
    I looking at your photo and if you put your propeller in a Y position dose the top of the fin, sky light and prop do a line.

If it dose like it seem, what is the measure from top of the line (level) to under the landing tires?
    Measuring as close as I can right now. Tail is 67 inches high, skylight is 68 inches high, two blade 72 inch diameter prop I put close to where 3 blade Y would be is 75 inches high. So, a line from prop to tail I guess is about 72 inches above the bottom of the tires.

Someone with a Supersport should measure too. I suspect with their spring landing gear the nose is lower than my Model4 tube gear. They probably relax down some when lifted so not sure about that.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder