Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sun n Fun

Default Re: Sun n Fun

Hey Dorsal,

The grass strip is a bit longer than that, abt. 1400' if memory serves correct, it lies between the main entrance and chopper town, on the southern boundary if you look at the convention map, parallel to Pipkin rd. John

John,
    Thanks, light plane area it is then. I was confused by a google earth image showing an 800 ft strip, I guess they extend that for SnF. 1400 is more than plenty and I read the 2009 NOTAM which was helpful.
    Hope to see you there.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Greetings all: I volunteer at Sun N Fun at GA parking and tent out at volunteer left of seaplane base. I agree UL camp is the place to be for Kitfox fly-ins. Besides that's where the highlanders hang out! Good showers, etc. We're a week early this year and the past few years brought strange wx. Rainy, cold, hot, dry, muddy, dusty...etc. Welcome to Florida! I'll have some storage for those that fly in as I usually don't move the car for eight days.

Just wanted to add an observation from last year. I noticed that UL/light plane was a little "dead" last year; compared to previous years. Most of the action "seemed" to be toward Home Built Camping. The ultralight community seemed to dry up a little as LSA blossomed. Still, All the powered parachute, trike, and UL folks that hung around were great. No comment...just observation. (don't rip my head off too badly)

Looks like we are not going to make it this year, weather looks too unsettled on the East coast (shocking I know). Maybe next year, still hoping to make Osh.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

(Come to the Ultralight Field at Airventure. That's where all the fun is... )
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Dorsal,

Sorry to here you can't make it. I'm leaving tommorow via extreme low altitude (driving I-4). Looks like it might be a wet week. I hope its a grand event again.

Also sorry John and Debra can't make it....understand they have to pick their strategy.

Eddie B.

Sun N' Fun GA parking trailer (next to Seaplane base)

We are here. There is a dearth of KFs. And that is sad because few of the SLA planes compare. Looked at the Just airplane and saw it doing demos in the ultra light area. Legend Cub is here. Great looking plane, but also great amounts of $$$. Savannah, Zenith, and the other competitors are here in force.

Maybe by next year we will have a finished Kitfox Super Sport that is show worthy and John/Debra can fly down and use it as a demo plane....

We are having a great time, bought a chance on a Young Eagle built KF3 and are enjoying the sights.

You OK? seeing pictures of bad stuff happening.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

The SNF area was hit by a storm at about 11:45am local time. Tornado warnings were out. Wind reported at 90 mph gusts and it just tore up the whole exhibit area. Don't know if the tornado actualy touched down at SNF but I felt two distinct wind bursts that tore the big display tent I was in right off it's tie downs and sent all the material and furniture inside the tent airborn. Rain was coming down in torrents. I saw people hit by flying debris and blown down on the ground. Planes were damaged everywhere in the display area. Couldn't see extent of damage in the parking and camping areas. The damage will total in the millions. So glad I didn't fly my plane to SNF.

Here are some pics. I feel so sick for the people and damage sustained by exhibters and plane owners.
    Attached Images Attached Images