Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Fuel system

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Fuel system

Yes, the Avid Flyer has this advantage...

Paul,
    you might want to have a look at my previous posting for the 'fuel, wing tanks thread' where I describe problems very similar to yours.

One way or another do check all the fuel lines for debris from the tanks. If it is heavy debris and you have an up-segment of metal fuel lines before they reach the header tank like I have you might need to blow it out with an air-compressor...

Thanks Kiriako. I don't have any metal lines between the wing tanks and the header, but I will blow out what I've got and retest. I've also made sure that the routing of the lines is all downhill from the wings to the header. I want to ensure I've got good flow from both tanks before it flies.

-- Paul S

This is an addition to the old post about fuel flow. I am new to this plane and fold the wings every day. I noticed the right tank was not flowing fuel. The line was kinking and could not be seen when the wings were open. Easy fix but one more thing to look for.

Try swapping the glass filters to see if there's any change. They can be plugged without appearing to be.
    Guy Buchanan
    San Diego, CA
    Deceased K-IV 1200 / 912uls / 70" Warp 3cs

gebuchanan@cox.net

I found the gas line was kinking . I think that was the problem. But thank you I will watch those