Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Series 7 Super Sport - Rotec Radial R2800

Default Series 7 Super Sport - Rotec Radial R2800

Many of you may have seen the Radial SS..

Just put this video on Youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97dO-pq03Qs
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

Default Re: Series 7 Super Sport - Rotec Radial R2800

Very cool. What a sweet looking plane. I love the paint job.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Thumbs up Re: Series 7 Super Sport - Rotec Radial R2800

Awesome!!! Can't wait 'till mine gets flying!

"MiniCoupeR" - N74DH (reserved)

Dave Holtorf

I was excited to receive my March issue of Kit Plane, and find a feature story on the Rotec powered Supersport.

From what I read. Mcbean was not shy about saying this is not the perfect match performance wise, but is a very capable application for those looking into a more nostalgic cool capable Kitfox.

From what is published, the specifications pertaining to the Kit fox with the R2800 mounted are.
    cruise 110 mph at 75% power at 6.6 GPH fuel burn. Stall 41, take off and landing were listed at 290ft.

the others like weights were generic basic numbers, I dont think pertaining to the Mounted R2800.

What I see is Fuel burn, weight, should not be a primary concern when you're building a COOL looking R2800 mounted radial. the old adage , you dont get something for nothing,

Firewall forward package was listed at $4295.00

I will still give it some serious thought for my Future KitFox.

Mr. Mcbean please fill in the missing specs for this Future customer.

Actual empty weight of the tested aircraft, and Weight and balance envelope.

climb rate. best rate and angle.

Oil burn with the R2800? if any?

Bryan
    Last edited by piflyer; 02-22-2011 at 06:37 PM.

Looked at the kfox ss to build and found a flying avid which I bought.
    I wanted to fly and genuinely thought that was the end.... Until I saw the yellow radial powered kitfox.
    I'm working out how to "sell" this 2 aeroplanes, one to fly one to build concept at home
    It's a mini lockheed vega! what more could you want?

Still waiting for e-mail and response from KitFox and John?

piflyer -

I just happened to be reviewing this thread when I noticed your entry (immediately below) from yesterday. You might want to direct your Rotec powered Kitfox questions directly to the factory since I doubt anyone there has time to read through all the various builder-blogs, including this one, on a daily basis. I doubt any of the other sponsors over on the left side edge do either, so you'd be similarly well-off to write them VFR direct about their products also.

You can click on the Kitfox ad at top left side of this screen with your questions, but there's probably not much available to report just yet. In that KITPLANES article you cite, editor Marc Cook quotes John, on page 16, as saying they built the radial-Fox "...to see if we could." While builder response has been terrific, it doesn't sound to me like any extensive flight-test regimen has been conducted yet. We will all probably just have to wait for collaborative data from other Rotec-Fox owners anyway before we'll really know anything for sure. This is still pioneering territory! (but WAY COOL!)

That said, write the factory with your questions; they've been super about getting back to me when I call or write them directly; anything you ask them here is likely to get missed, due to the sheer volume of daily traffic and the subsequent archiving of threads into subject-specific sub-areas on a regular basis.

"E.T."
    (Member, 3rd Tac Fighter Wing, Clark AB, 1976-1978!)

Excellent video! VERY well done. Thank you for posting it!

piflyer

Does "pi" stand for "positively inconsiderate"?

You keep having a pop at the McBeans who, as expected, have responded professionally and courteously on another thread (despite not being obliged to) on this independent website.

If it weren't for having people like them owning and running the factory where we rely on our hardware and support, we would all be stuffed. Sadly, it is only people like you who would probably manage to ever make them question why they do it, especially having turned the business around into what it is today. Please can I politely request that you refrain from your little snipes and focus on your Husky that I understand will be arriving soon....??

If you are genuinely annoyed about not being able to get hold of the McBeans can I suggest you just call them to discuss the matter direct? Playground tittle tattle is hardly a mature way forward.

Whilst I am sure you are a hugely knoweldgable and experienced person who can bring a lot to this forum, I am yet to be convinced that you come here with positive intentions.

Thanks Mono for the good words for Kitfox Aircraft. I know they appreciate it.
    People with hidden agenda's usually don't put all the cards on the table. Seems that might be the situation here. Really don't know or care.
    There was a claim of "multiple attempts" to contact Kitfox Aircraft. Not that correspondence can't drop through a crack now and again or get lost in email purgatory. It doesn't appear to have happened in this instance.

BTW- I deleted Pi's last response late last night to DesertFox 6's attempt to assist. It was not polite.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear