Having a good time with my new IVO 68" ground adjustable light. Looks like cruise, using a static ground rpm of about 5800 will give me 8-10 mph more than the prior wooden prop putting me well into the yellow arc on my old (but trusty) Model 2, 582 Bluehead, C box, with 2.62:1 ratio. That is, I was doing about 75 before and am approaching 85 now at 5800 cruise rpm.

A few comments:
-If there weren't so many of them out there flying for so long, and I was the first customer, I'd be a little nervous with the documentation that came with it. Ambiguous (at) times. Here's an example:

"The only time you need to lock the screw adjuster with lock nut is when you pitch the prop between the neutral and two turns pitch decrease, in all other pitch setting screw adjuster stays where you leave it without a jam nut."

Hmm. My interpretation of this is that the big (32mm) jam nut on the center adjuster bolt is superfluous then. In fact, I tried leaving it loosely tightened against the flange during a ground run and it quickly loosened and the prop went into coarse pitch. I read elsewhere on an ultralight blog that the center nut should be tightened to 40 ft/lbs.

Gonna sell my old GSC. Anybody interested?

Chris Carlisle
Model 2, 582 Bluehead, C box
Sioux Falls, SD