Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warp on a 912ul

Default Re: Warp on a 912ul

Kelly,
    Happy to do it ! That's what we are here for...to help each other out.
    John brings up a good point that I overlooked. I had assumed that you and I have the same dia Warp taper tip prop with nickle leading edges for the 80 hp engine. I think we do and are talking apples and apples. If not at least it is a starting pitch as Chuck mentioned
    Dick
    Last edited by catz631; 11-09-2010 at 05:11 AM.

This prop measures at 15 degrees using the same method as Dick mentioned 17. I was going to increase it one degree at a time, so I figure there is a good chance I have saved myself one adjustment. Thanks.
    I have been away for a bit; I have started teaching a night class and my schedule has been screwed up enough I haven't been on the forum.
    Between having flown this other airplane home last week and starting my new class I hadn't flown my own in about 2 weeks (Crazy). I took care of that yesterday! I feel better now.
    Moving into a new house and selling a T-hangar that I now need to move out of has caused the schedule to be crazy lately.
    I am ready to see some snow though. Skis are dusty!
    Kelly

I finally got the airplane out for a test hop. 17 degrees, as Dick mentioned was really close. I was turning about 5250 static; I will fly it a couple of more times and then see what I think. Currently, I am thinking 17.5 degress is where I am going next.

I am rebuilding doors right now so I had to fly sans doors. It was 26 degrees!!! I froze to death, but I had to know. I think I'll be happy to get the doors back on over the weekend.

Thanks to everyone for the help,
    Kelly