Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Show us your panel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Show us your panel

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Z View Post
    My IPAD overheats regularly.
    I had that issue with an iPad gen1. I'm using an iPad mini now and haven't experienced an overheating event yet, though I haven't flown with it in really hot weather yet.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

I will be putting the IFLY to the test starting tuesday, forecasted temps for our route are in the mid 90's once we get past the Apalachain trail,, i have my sectionals all set with way pts etc, as the ultimate back up. There is a good chance we will be flying with at least 1 door opened but the plan is to do most of the flying morning and afternoon, find a big ole shade tree in some field to land by with a pond to take a dip in before the mid day heat takes over😁
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

Quote Originally Posted by Av8r_Sed View Post
    I had that issue with an iPad gen1. I'm using an iPad mini now and haven't experienced an overheating event yet,
    At 88 degrees last Tuesday, I had it opened for the maps. I flew for about 1.5 hours, it was so hot, I stuck it in the refrigerator at the airport when I got back. It was very hot to touch. I have a second generation regular size. I will not waist money on another iPad!!! I like my first generation it worked fine this iPad II way too hot!
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas