I am in the middle of repairing the wings on my KF 4 and ran into an issue that I wanted some advice on. The plane that I bought was flipped over in a corn field years ago and got pretty crunched. The wings suffered minor damage to the tips but the fusealage had to be completely rebuilt. Fast forward to now...I with the help of a fellow Avid builder I have repaired the wings structurally (replaced 3 ribs, trailing edge) and have started the covering process. I only recovered the outter two rib bays on each wing tip since the fabric is in good shape everywhere else and I could see inside the wing and saw no other damage. (plane had 17 hours on it when crashed) Yesterday I was looking at the attachement points for the jury struts and noticed that on one wing, the attachment brackets both stick out of the fabric about 1 inch below the fabric. On the other wing, one sticks out about 1 inch and the on the other one, the top of the bracket sticks out maybe a 1/4". (Not enough to see the bolt hole without pushing the fabric down) It seems like when you would bolt the jury strut in, the bolt would be inside the fabric. I checked the bracket and it is still attached to the spar and nothing looks bent or warped. It looks like the original bracket and is riveted in what looks like the original location. The fabric is still good and tight and the rib stitching is still intact so it's not as if the fabric came loose. Any thoughts? Is this some kind of "offset" or something? Can't find anything in the manual but then again the 1990's manual is very lacking. Thanks.