Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SS trim position sensor?

Default Re: SS trim position sensor?

The series 5 and 6 have the moveable HS, ours came with the mechanical indicator, we did not like that set up,sounds like some might like to build our set up I am attaching one more pic on how we connected to the scissor link
    , if you look at the first print that airlina posted it shows the bolt and set screw. Our kit came with that bolt, maybe John would have those still? Dj series 6
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: SS trim position sensor?

No sweat Dan. I guess I just ask those who are interested in an indicator why it is necessary. The horz stab is visible out the rear and seems only necessary to get it in position for takeoff.
    If it's a "cool factor", hey, I aint one to say don't go for it...I like gadgetry too. Just hate seeing people get carried away with trinkets in homebuilts and never get to see what a "diet plane" can fly like that has few things to fix down the line (because everything will fail in theory).
    As far as the mirror idea, I like the idea of one put on the front carry through tube (kinda like these self adhesive wide view mirrors for cars). Set the trim in it's neutral position, sit in the plane, and have someone mark where you see the leading edge of the horz stab cross the dorsal. Cut a small strip of vinyl and put it right there. Before flight, look up, line the leading edge up with that spot, and you're set.
    To each his own though as long as everyone is having fun tinkering and flying!!!!