Folks,
Though I've only flown in a kitfox once, I've been watchin them for 4 years now. My plan is to buy one this coming winter/next spring. I've waited because Uncle Sam is paying for my FW Ticket! I've been flying for 7 years and taking check rides every year, the "Check-itis" bug always seems to hit. I am sure many of you remember the days when you dreaded the evals, but I'm past that! Now, I simply want to do well for reputations' sake. I'm not a self-proclaimed perfectionist, nor am I the new Chuck Yeager, but my instructors have put alot of effort into making me a great pilot for my level of experience. With just at ~ 700hrs of Helicopter time and now 50 hours of Fixed-Wing, the thought of an eval is still a lingering fear! Natural, but still there. With most aviators being Type-A personalities, we never want to fail at anything we embark on. Hence the reason we've chosen the Kitfox, a perfect aircraft for perfectionists. I've checked out in a C-182, no issues. I've taken an Instrument Eval (King Air 200C) with no issues. Now it's come time for a real eval in the King Air. Even though I've been trained well, I know the information, and I can fly the aircraft without issue, I am still a bit apprehensive. Well, I'll let y'all know how things went. Thought I'd remind you all of things that you've experienced and perhaps get some "Kid, when I was taking my check-rides, I..." stories. If y'all pray, keep me and my fellow students in your prayers. When all training is said and done, I'll have up to a Multi-Engine Land, High Performance, Complex rating. It's been an awesome journey, and it can only get better from here!

VIVA LA KITFOX!