I just received a package from Deb McBean last night... which was quite bad because I didn't go to sleep until I read everything cover to cover (these smileys crack me up).

Anyway... this I know... I "used" to fly a ton and fortunately I had a decent amount of time in helos - so I'm used to rudder pedals... as opposed to flying a Piper 140 or Cessna 172 --- and I'm exaggerating here... but the pedals were an afterthought...

But, being the realist I am... I'm going to go after the re-learning as if I know jack about it...

The flight school I have my eye on has a 152, which is what I used to fly in college - the college club actually owned a 152 and it was cheap in those days. It was like sitting in a barcalounger (spelling?).

Jet, you make a lot of great points and one of the decisions that I did make after a lot of research on the matter is that going trike FIRST is probably the quicker/smarter/cheaper decision... the beauty of this plane is that I can always change to tailwheel after I get a couple of years and confidence under my belt.

I participated on a boat forum for many years re homebuilt boats and the one thing that I learned is that tastes are different and we'd all argue about who likes chocolate vs strawberry ice cream and there were good arguments for both...

At the end of the day, the insurance industry prices a taildragger a lot more, and, it's hard to find instructors, and in the Northeast, grass strips are harder to find than out in the west it seems...

If I learn on a 152, I think I can easily get into a an SLSA... without a lot of hassle...

BTW... does anyone know the actual diff between the series 7 and an SLSA other than the SLSA is built in Idaho and not by the brave & talented souls in their workshops? I see subtle performance/weight specs... but I can't seem to pinpoint what is actually different? Other than perhaps one has an FM radio...

This was written fast as I am now late for work... and thanks to Deb McBean, I didn't get much sleep

take care, and I very much appreciate y'all's perspective on Kitfox life.