Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: DOH! Kitfox on the beach

Default DOH! Kitfox on the beach

From my neck of the woods near Savannah, GA -

http://savannahnow.com/latest-news/2...pilot-arrested

City of Tybee ordinance got him for reckless conduct and operating motor vehicl on beach.

Cop looks proud doesn't he. Sucks...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Geowitz; 05-24-2010 at 04:10 AM.

Default Re: DOH! Kitfox on the beach

So after the arrested you, for endangering all of those people I see in the picture. How did you get the Plane off the Beach?? Did they make you trailer it?
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

It wasn't me and it was just yesterday, So I'm not really sure what they did.

Looks like they pulled it off with a rubber tired backhoe.

I've kinda always wondered what the technical legality of this was and I'm still wondering.

And yeah, the North beach is typically empty with a few walkers every once in a while.

City of Tybee ordinance got him for reckless conduct and operating motor vehicl on beach.
    You mean you can't do anything but "walk" on this beach?
    What a total waste of a perfectly good beach. Thank God no Spotted Owls or Snail Darters were frightened.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

About 3 years ago Mark Jensens plane was here in Brigham City while he got his tail wheel endorsement. I got some good pictures of it, very nice plane, he lived in Vernal Ut at the time. I guess eastern laws are different.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dj Series 6

Unfortunately we are govorned by The faa and the local laws. Meaning, anything that can be enforced by local police are also thrown at the pilot. I've always been on a premise that if there is restrictions on the gound like this one, it applies to airplanes as well, they are motorized. Did you know if you are a float plane and land on a lake this is nonmotorized, you know, you can't take a boat on that lake with a motor, you better not land on that lake, now your a boat. Don't be thinking you can land in a school yard and get away with that one either. Just make a point to cover your back side when flying into places like this, even a beach, may be set up for a reason to restrict motorized vehicles, I'm sure the 4 wheelers have made quit an impact. This guy not only has the FAA to answer on this one but the local authorities as well. Sorry he is in all that trouble. Probably would have been a good idea when he saw someone coming twards him to jump in the plane and get out of dodge. Best thing to do is check local ordinances first before attempting such a thing.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop

One more thing, landing on a country road, think twice, if caught you can get it there also. Off road vehicles you know. Now I think the cop in this case could have just given a warning and let the guy leave with a promise not to return, so I think he was flexing his man muscle if you know what I mean.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop

Funny thing is ..the airplane has less impact on the beach ..then the 4 wheeler ..the red jeep and the smack hoe er I mean backhoe,..but this is ok in the eyes of the law,..
    ,..like slyfox said ..you see someone coming that looks like they have an agenda ..haul tail and get out of there.
    It's not like that on all east coast beaches,..and law's are left to interpretation by some gung ho wanna be's that shouldn't be given the authority they are given,..the powers that be probably gave that officer the beach to patrol because he was harrassing motorist too much that were from out of state,..tourists . which can be an econimc no no for the area.

clearly another "Do as I say,.. not as I do" situation

Chase
    Last edited by SkyPirate; 05-24-2010 at 08:59 AM.

I looked at the photo's again ,..I still didn't s any big "X"'s on either end of the beach ,..

Chase

It goes back to my belief, we are only free in this country if we have the proper permits
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop