Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rotec R2800 First Start

Default Re: Rotec R2800 First Start

Thanks for that, yes I looked up the Odyssey website and could see the PC680 was the obvious choice.

Off the web I got the all dimensions of the PC680 (180 x 167 x 76mm) with no metal jacket and so I got right to making a dummy battery out of wood so I could work out all the bits needed for the battery installation.

I welded two 1/8 steel straps across the lower longerons, then tach welded 4 captive 1/4 nuts. The battery cradle is made out 25 x3mm Aluminum angle. The battery is bottom loaded as you can see. I will make a hatch later that covers that covers the bottom area. Worked out pretty well I think.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Paul,
    That looks really good. Always more than one way to skin a cat. Best Regards, David

David,
    Hope this is not too late for you. I have attached my First Flight test card. I serve as a flight advisor for my chapter and have helped with twenty to thirty first flights. I'll be happy to head your way when it is helpful for you.
    Don Saint
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Don,
    Thanks much. I will take you up on it. Though I thought I would be further along to the first flight, and not from lack of effort, I still have a ways to go. Not much I hope, but you know the story there. Again, Thanks. David